About a month ago a post was made celebrating the rain received, particularly in Windhoek. Now a month later there is a mere promise of additional rain. Many meteorologists, I think many, mentioned that during the week rain bearing clouds will move from the northern areas of the country to the central areas.
We're at Thursday now and while there are some heavy clouds above Windhoek, it is not certain that it will rain. The desire for rain is certain, however. Particular because, in Windhoek at least, 10% of the year's budgeted water supply has already been used. The rain is needed to replenish the water in our dams. Thankfully, in their predictions, meteorologists predicted thundershowers which would keep for days. Those usually bring a fair rising in the dam levels. And with a cm. rise, I think, the water volumes may be several thousand of liters.
I honestly can't wait for the rain to come, it really lulls one to sleep so gently. Or it does me, some people get way too stressed to sleep when the thunderstorms are crashing outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment